Tuesday, January 27, 2009

back-words... poetry - pt.6

Monday, September 17, 2007
poetry...
it's that time again for more poetry from my archive! enjoy...



Mellowing Out the Melancholy

When the withered, old sadness
Has fallen upon my gladness.
Should it happen to sear,
I'll know trouble is near.
The only goods I have happily found uncommon
Are a lovely tulip and a lustrous, red, red rose.
But, those goods I can't summon,
For I have to leave them in the soil from which they arose.

______________________________________________________


A Million Miles Out, a Millennium Away

Off from this place!
Blast off and out through outer space...
Feel the wind rushing through my hair
As I soar through the cool, crisp air.
Gently touch down on to soft sand
And survey the panoramic land.
Catch a waft of tropical flowers and
Study its bends and curves as the palm tree towers.
Absorb all the mystically natural views of the solar essence
As the sunset on the horizon lessens.

___________________________________________________


Misty

Soft, soft, soft as the corn silk skin that wraps her arms around me;
Softer than the pure essence of her hair.
Oh her hair, colored of honey and scented of strawberries.
And she, herself, perfumed to drive the tame beast wild and crazy
With a lustful greed that is so passionate and tender,
It could not even harm a supple dew drop sitting upon a single petal.
The lust may be temporary, but the love will last forever.

____________________________________________________



On My Conversation with the Windy Seas

"Come and coast on my curls!"
He roared with a frothy mouth
And stretched out his arms of wavelengths.
I was offered fresh, cool currents
And reciprocated by scratching his undertow.
It was said that I was "just as deep as" he,
Though I don't remember who said it.
I was "calm and full of life"
And yet, I could "become incredibly active,
And often wreak havoc;"
As well as "bring myself where I wasn't wanted."
The conversation eddied,
And I sank in his comfortable warmth.
I drifted out, beyond the tides,
And lay flat upon a sheet of crystalline glass.
Reflecting its image,
Shimmering and sparkling,
A whisper emerged and undulated
Toward me, uttering that
I was "just as pure."
A gentle breeze came down and caressed me
And stroked my hair
And lightly brushed past my back --
The wind could tame the sea and me.

_________________________________________________



Emphatic Hallucinations (Hosted by the Drug Nymph)
Otherwise known as Nymphatic Daydreams

Entangled wispy threads fray
& Exist only with mystical flames
Among the dragon clouds.

Ethereally trapped
In ephemeral time zones
Between God & man,
Cellophane bubbles implode
With the grace
Of an atom bomb.

Sporadically, a myriad of stars appears before the blind man.
He feels a mysterious awe as the speckled blue lights shine down upon him.
A glint comes to his eye, or is it just a reflection?
He cannot see, yet he walks about with the greatest of ease,
Unlike his former clumsy and awkward self.

An aplomb aperture,
Anachronistic to any apocalypse,
Awarded aphasia & apoplexy
To the applicant for his aphorism.

______________________________________________



Ode to my Love

Release the reigns of thy tempestuous love.
Let your arms envelope me not tenfold,
but a hundredfold or even a thousand.
Your love is enough reason for me to live.
In my dourest hours,
when I'm in the dregs of Hell,
you're the one who sheds light on my path
and brightens my day.

________________________________________________
thanks for reading. more to come...

No comments: