Wednesday, January 28, 2009

back-words... my feedback for facebook...

*** sometimes i gripe by invitation. this was one of those times. i still don't like the new layout. i like the old layout of everything on one page. that way no one misses any details. i know how it can be; sometimes i feel lazy and don't feel like browsing extra pages. i know others feel like that, too. unfortunately, this is one of those times you bite the bullet and move on...

Thursday, September 11, 2008
My feedback for facebook...
I despise the new facebook layout. In fact, it isn't even design! Design is more than merely rearranging how things look; it's about clear and effective communication of visual information. This does not succeed in that effort. The worst failure being in hierarchal arrangement of critical features- menus are alway on the top or the left; this is the way most English-speaking cultures function. It would seem the individual or team facebook hired to create this monstrosity didn't not learn design in college, if they even went to college.

Part of facefook has been about allowing the users to make their pages look as they want it, but now that freedom has been effectively destroyed. Initially users had a choice in using the new format. I tried it and witched back on the first day. I hated it then and I still hate it now. I am disappointed facebook has forced this upon me, but then again facebook doesn't see a need for many of my freedoms since I must endure messages and notifications both in my email and here.

Just because I am not spammed to death on here doesn't make this better than MySpace. I'm not too happy with them either, but at least they didn't change the layout so disruptively for its users. At least their features are useful. Facebook, you've let me down again.

No comments: