Tuesday, January 27, 2009

back-words... poetry - pt.11

Thursday, September 27, 2007
poetry...
ready for more poetry? well, here it is! enjoy...


Thus Dawns on Me the Mourn of Norm

Norm is gone,
He was in Nam -
But now he's gone.
The planes came back,
But greeting him we did lack.
So he didn't come,
Nothing else.
This was only some;
No one else.
War is done,
And he still isn't around
For us to have some fun;
But now I understand he's in the ground,
Nowhere else.

A tear well up in the little boy's eye. As he wipes his runny nose, the tear rolls down his cheek and off his chin. The drop flies down and splashes on the dry, dusty earth and is soon absorbed. In front of the child a stone is half-embedded in front of a mound. He kneels down, hugs the cold cement, and backs up leaving the tombstone tear stained.

_____________________________________________



Total Bleakness

Fire, hatred, and death
Is all I can write about in one breath.
Frustration, humiliation, and depression --
Sadness seems to be my obsession.
We're all trapped by giant guardians.
My jokes are obsolescent and my happiness is in oblivion.

______________________________________________



Truly Provoked

In which to all creatures endure pain and strife,
thus creates a whole new theoretical life.
Enriching all prospects - whether they be profound or not.
Thus to which her beauty forms gods obscure to anyone's plot.
It's logicality has no importance - heavenly forms bring upon
unintelligible beauties honored only by those worships brought
out by insecurities that cannot be resolved.

________________________________________



Trying to Survive

Here I sit on a lazy Sunday afternoon,
collecting my thoughts and feelings.
I cry a little over some things
and laugh over others.
I sip my coffee slowly
and feel the melancholy
slip inside and take over.
Some tears are bitter.
Some are sweet.
Some are desperately sad
and terribly clingy,
especially to things and people
from my past.
While my feelings don't last
long, they do continually haunt
my mind to no end;
I find no relief,
nor do i find any answers.
Sadly to say,
I bear on, always...
always...

____________________________________________



Upon the Twilight Mist

What stars from these eyes
Are cast down dusk fields unknown to man!
What stars from these eyes
Do dazzling lights tantalize?
And why is man
Often referred to as a "human being?"
Why must a legion wander around unseeing,
Is to achieve far less than you and I.

_________________________________________



Verses of Knowledge

"Does the imagination dwell the most
Upon a woman won or a woman lost?"
-Yeats

Such sweet sorrow of love presses upon my mind.
Sweet lover's sorrow rips my mind, my heart, and my soul.
Engaging in memories past,
Frequenting favorite haunts...
Trying to catch tides
that wash foam
on the beach,
Sewing together
an unmendable heart,
Watching a salty drop of water
cascade from her eye --
or was it mine,
or perhaps both.
I felt feelings,
Now I haven't any...
Numbness was and is
too hard to cope with;
Oh if there were only a way
to fade away
from this horrid existence.
There's no way
to make peace
with one's self;
Another conflict
always arrives.
Emotional turmoil
leads to verbal vomit.
Then comes insanity...
What a disturbance life can be.
Yet life's dirge plays on.
"Why," you ask,
I'll tell you why.
For all these things
and much, much more:
love,
beauty,
sunsets,
roses,
passion,
desire,
and even hate,
for without hate
we wouldn't have love.
There are way too many things to list.
Before making that final choice...
Remember to keep in mind
all the gorgeous people
that light up your life,
That special person,
with a twinkle in the eye,
who lights up the room,
Face glows when laughing,
And makes you feel
so good inside.
Yes, love is
what works
the magic
of life.
If you don't find that person,
Then there is nothing.

____________________________________________
thank you for reading. more to come...

No comments: