Wednesday, January 28, 2009

back-words... 1974 Central - frippery pursuit…

*** last year, i was asked to take part on a website based on the facebook group 1974 central. the website is actually a blog which allows its members to contribute various data specifically regarding the year 1974- births, deaths, discoveries, awards, achievements, world events, etc. officers were appointed for each month and i was appointed for trivia, since i suggested it and the month of march was already being represented by someone else.
to tell you the truth, the site is kind of dead and has been since mid-'08. the last ten posts were by me from april to june. no one posted since or even in between. none of the monthly officers have posted; nobody has posted at all. i took a hiatus when my grandmother passed away and haven't posted since, but i have been to the site a few time to check on things and sift through the comments awaiting approval. tonight i spent a few hours clearing out 105 pages of spam-ridden comments. the only traffic to this site since i last checked in has been spam. now that's amazing. for a while the site was offline, but i guess i have the admin to thank for that. funny thing is she doesnt ever reply to my messages anymore, so i guess she is pretty busy. i'm not sure if the site is worth maintaining further or if it will even stay up for much longer.
i would like to keep a record of the posts i have made while i am busy transferring old blogs so i will include a small 1974 central section within the back-words series. i hope you will enjoy reading these posts...


April 14th, 2008
Frippery Pursuit…

Welcome to the trivia section! I hope to shake things up a bit for you and provide an entertaining and (*gasp*) educational experience. Some things you may already know, some not so much. I’d like to keep it fun and not too much of a brain buster for everybody.

I would like to try a couple different formats and see what everyone prefers. Our lovely admin and hostess has given me carte blanche to Run this section as I best see fit. First, I will present a regular trivia posting regarding things that transpired during 1974. Second, I would like to present random 1974 factoids which may or may not be educational which will usually pertain to one or more questions I have posed in a given trivia post, but should certainly be interesting. Finally, a lot of consideration has gone into how to present you the questions and answers to the trivia posts:
How often do I present new trivia- daily, weekly, monthly?
How many questions should I pose per trivia posting- one, five, ten?
Do I present the answers below the questions within the same post?
Do I present the answers a week later?
Do I use invisible ink so you have to wipe your screen with lemon juice to reveal the answers? — well, that one is a bit of a stretch, but trust me, I have been interested in enhancing your trivia experience to the fullest.
So how about upside down text? No, just kidding… maybe.
I figure I will start off with a weekly posting of ten questions and I will present the answers below the questions. If that works well for most of you, I will maintain that format.

With this introduction out of the way, I will commence on some trivialities for your cerebral pleasure. I hope you enjoy the section. If you have any feedback, send me a note. I can’t make any promises, but I will do my best to run a decent section. Thank you.

No comments: