Tuesday, January 27, 2009

back-words... poetry - pt.5

Saturday, September 15, 2007
poetry...
another 6 from my archive. enjoy...


I've Never Seen a Pyramid

I have never seen a pyramid,
I haven't ever seen Egypt;
Yet I know how sandstone looks,
And I've seen the geometric figure.
I've never spoken with the Devil,
Nor have I visited Hell;
Yet I'm certain of the spot
As if a map were made of the place.

_____________________________________________________


It is Just this Line of Vividness

As it were;
As we are.
The time may change
But once in your life.
When we were
Young and had far
To go, things were strange,
But we put up with the strife.

We shared our grief,
And pledged to turn a new leaf.
We tried to work it out,
But had some doubt
That we would fail.
I seemed to wail;
You lost the thrill,
And we both have felt the big chill.
But things remained the same;
I got tired of this game
And you said the same.
So we went our own way.
Many years have passed that day,
And you still feel the same way.

_____________________________________________


Kevin's Dreariness

The curtains draw back
as the pudgy, bald man walks out onto the stage,
temporarily blinded by the bright lights.
He holds up a bottle and announces that it
is both a dessert topping and a floor cleaner.
At twilight, he reviews his thoughts
for the last time, before going to sleep:
I would rather eat ptomaine --
It sure beats this prosy psychosis!
Things dwell deep down inside
and I daren't permit them to surface.
't would surely mean the death of us all
to unleash this rampaging Hell.
If I am a loner, then so be it!

______________________________________________________


killing me

yesterday i had to move your picture briefly...
touching it was powerful,
emotionally and physically.
i asked myself why i still kept your pictures up
when we don't see each other anymore,
when we barely even talk,
since that has been your choice
despite my efforts,
but i already knew the answer...
it's because of things i felt then.
beyond the pain and sorrow,
there are things i still feel now.
for years i've had hope-
hope for something better;
i still hope, but i know better.
i still hurt, but i know better...
as i listen to music, i reflect-
i hear the voices;
it's the agony of love
and it pierces right though me.
music, soothe my broken soul
and heal these damaged goods
sitting upon a rusted pile
of thorny lies.
loving you
is like opening pandora's box
and i wish it weren't.
loving you
was to taste forbidden fruit,
but i wish i could taste
that sweet pomegranate
again, forever, always...
yes, always,
for no other fruit
will satisfy.
still, i wipe my tears
and try to move on
from an inescapable you.
you who penetrate
my thoughts,
my dreams,
my soul...
you barely ever talk to me anymore
and i try to move on,
but after all this time
it's still so hard
to completely let go.

_____________________________________________


Killing Time

Radio-active meltdown energy
seeks within me a
comfortable spot
to dwell
in.
I,
like
sands of
the hourglass,
run short of what
keeps me going like this.
Everyone's time comes sooner or later.

_________________________________________________


Loneliness is Buried

Dark was the dungeon and cool.
Time is dampened in sadness
and man is slower in water than on dry land.
Thus we should make the best of it by studying the aerodynamics of water
so that we may get through it faster.
We need to get through everything faster --
for our own peace of mind,
not for someone else's.
Smiles last longer and friends stay closer
than when tears jerk the hearts of all.
Misunderstanding can all too often lead to hate
for I have seen it and it has seen me.
What terrible times can traces of legends be evoked from all people.
These are the days in which we need to rid ourselves from sadness
and rectify the thousand points of glory…

_____________________________________________
thanks for reading. i hope it pleases you. more to come...

No comments: