Tuesday, January 27, 2009

back-words... poetry - pt.10

Tuesday, September 25, 2007
poetry...
time for 6 more poems, y'all! enjoy...


The Travesty

Showering in the dark...
Have you ever tried to shower in the dark?
That's how a blind man bathes.
He doesn't need it -- light, that is,
and it would only be a waste.
A waste . . . indeed!
. . . of time,
. . . of energy,
. . . of space
and everything.
What a travesty!
"Run! Run far away!"
said I and the man.
But the tattooed man did not move—
only his pictures did.
"What happened to your painting? It was beautiful!"
"Oh, I threw it out."
"But it was exquisite!!!"
"I know."
What a travesty!
Completely shivering,
he returned to assault,
but he didn't make it!
The dragon gave in.
Falsehoods have been known to be spread that way--
through big egos.
What a travesty!
I have been known
to have known
those who have come and went.
But I say differently--
I say they have known me.
What a fool! And what a travesty!
Who knew? And who would have ever known?

______________________________________________



There's a Purity in the Breeze

Be overwhelmed by the magnificence
Of the Poppies --
Their dew drop petals
And admire the glory as a fragrance settles.
The trees
Smell of incense
And the tender soil is cool.
Refreshing is the crystalline, shallow water pool.

_______________________________________________



This is Just to Say...

That
I wish
You would
Forgive
Me
For stuffing you
Inside
That locker
And
Closing the door.
I know
That
It was not nice,
But
You
Made
Me
Mad.

__________________________________________________



Thoughts of Her

With pen in hand,
I try to put my thoughts
and feelings to paper.
It never seems
to come out very well.
You see, I know
what I feel,
but it's so hard
to find the right way
to express myself.
For instance,
I met a girl the other day,
and I couldn't express
the thoughts I wanted to say.
The feelings I have felt
are quite well known,
for they are the feelings
that become love.
I met this girl the other day,
and there were so many things
that I had wanted to say.
I had questions
I had wanted to ask.
I wanted to know
if she felt what I felt.
I wondered if the feelings
that I felt were mutual.
I had wondered
if she was as confused as I.
I wondered if she
feared revealing
her feelings, too.
I wondered just how much
she loved me, if at all.
I wondered if we possibly had
any future at all.
As time flies by,
I get bolder
and say what I want to say,
and then I regret
that I hadn't said them earlier.
For I discovered
she felt the same way.

________________________________________________



Thoughts of You

Here I am,
Looking out the window,
Seeing what I can see
And seeing nothing that appeals to me.
What I do see
Is a frowning face
Looking back at me.

It's such a shame to see
A free spirit that should be
Blithe and glee --
Instead it's full of tears,
Sorrows and fears.
The pain sears
In my heart and soul.
On me, this takes its toll.

It breaks my heart to see you cry.
Don't ask me.
I'm not sure why.
But something deep,
down inside
crumbles when I see you hurt.
Such pain should be denied.
For it makes me
want to run and hide.

________________________________________________



Thus Dawns a New Morn

White, wild winds rasp in the air
and send frigid chills of frost
over the grass
in the meadowlands.

Humble bats alight in the belfry
and snooze the morning away
in a deep somber slumber.

Crickets have sung jittery tunes
'til first light creeps
over the mountain peaks;
Mountain peaks whose summits
arose and collided with daylight
that cries out happy tidings
of tomorrow, and those yet to come.

The sage, and ever wise, old owl
succumbs to the dawn
just breaking out,
and over the horizon.

A bunny sips the fresh, sweet dew
collected in a leaf
over the duration
of the morning.

_________________________________________________
hope you enjoyed it. more to come...

No comments: