Wednesday, January 28, 2009

back-words... introduction

*** links invalid. introduction is a culmination of information from other posts but a necessity being the first post for facebook.

welcome...
October 7th, 2007
while im bound to repeat some of this info on a subsequent basis, i would like to use this first blog to introduce myself and provide you with some important links.

most of you know me as scott, some of you know me as djsquelch, and some of you also know me also as phase shifts. my life has always been and will always be about music. i dj and produce various styles of electronic dance music, or edm. these styles include ambient, downtempo, lounge, idm, acid, minimal, trance, house, techno, jungle, breaks, dnb, hardcore, happy hardcore, gabber, industrial, avant-garde, experimental, noise, acid jazz, dub, reggae, turntablism, jazz, disco, rock, & spoken word.

a lot of this is looking familiar, right? thats because i post variants of this information just about everywhere i go where i have a chance to post an introductory blurb about myself. i like to get the word out about what i do because this isnt a hobby; it is my life and i have many big plans.

i have many places where you can find me and i encourage you to take the time, listen to everything whenever you possibly can, and add me as a friend. while a lot of my work is available for free, i do offer a lot of it for sale. if you cant afford it i understand, but if you can, i would really like to see some financial support via album sales. theyre not that expensive, actually, and you can hear it all before you buy it. additionally, the free albums may not be free forever. i have yet to determine an album is no longer free, but it is my intent to pull an album from remaining accessible for free after a certain point. my album downloads are in the thousands, but it isnt paying the bills. other ways to support me would be to hire me to dj at your parties and clubs, request owners to have me to play at venues and festivals you attend, and recommend me to your friends. i would appreciate it beyond what words could describe.

without further ado, here are some useful links:
myspace-
http://www.myspace.com/djsquelch (my musician page)
http://www.myspace.com/djsquelch2 (my personal page)
amducias records-
http://amdusciasrecords.4t.com/Page5_1.htm (my artist page)
soundclick-

http://www.soundclick.com/Store/byArtist.cfm?bandID=600809 (my sales page)
lowercase sounds-

http://www.lowercasesounds.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=19&Itemid=75 (my dj page)

i usually release an album every month. when i do, i post an announcement along with some important links. i spin live online and i am about to resume a weekly show over at lowercase sounds. they host some of my mixes, which are available for download. more mixes will be supplied soon as well as a broadcast schedule. i am proud to call these places my home. i hope you will enjoy my work and encourage your friends to listen, too. thank you for your support.

plur…

No comments: