Tuesday, January 27, 2009

back-words... another poem...

Saturday, May 19, 2007
another poem...
killing me

yesterday i had to move your picture briefly...
touching it was powerful,
emotionally and physically.
i asked myself why i still kept your pictures up
when we don't see each other anymore,
when we barely even talk,
since that has been your choice
despite my efforts,
but i already knew the answer...
it's because of things i felt then.
beyond the pain and sorrow,
there are things i still feel now.
for years i've had hope-
hope for something better;
i still hope, but i know better.
i still hurt, but i know better...
as i listen to music, i reflect-
i hear the voices;
it's the agony of love
and it pierces right though me.
music, soothe my broken soul
and heal these damaged goods
sitting upon a rusted pile
of thorny lies.
loving you
is like opening pandora's box
and i wish it weren't.
loving you
was to taste forbidden fruit,
but i wish i could taste
that sweet pomegranate
again, forever, always...
yes, always,
for no other fruit
will satisfy.
still, i wipe my tears
and try to move on
from an inescapable you.
you who penetrate
my thoughts,
my dreams,
my soul...
you barely ever talk to me anymore
and i try to move on,
but after all this time
it's still so hard
to completely let go.

No comments: