Tuesday, January 27, 2009

back-words... poetry - pt.9

Sunday, September 22, 2007
poetry...
it's that time again for more poetry from my archive! enjoy...


Suicide

The day was short,
but we had fun.
Come in and stay for awhile,
you said, but I had to go.
So I kissed your cheek
and I went home
with a good feeling.
That evening, I dropped by,
but you weren't there;
and that's all I thought,
nothing more.
I came back a few days later
and again you weren't there;
I had no idea
what had happened to you
or what you had done.
It is finished now
and so are you,
as I found out this morning:
you are no longer…

___________________________________________



Talk of Death

No dinner for me tonight, hon --
Call 9-1-1;
The accident was caused by my son.
The deed was done.
I'm afraid he's taken my life.
Now the strife
Shall start,
For he has stabbed me with a knife
In the heart.
Dear wife,In spirit, we shall never part.
It's time to say goodbye;
For soon I shall die.
Now I feel myself slipping away.
Farewell and good day.

_________________________________________________



Terminal Love

I had a dream last night.
You were in it.
It was the last time you were hurt--
You needed me
And I was buried,
Twelve feet down in the dirt.
I came for you, but
You weren't there.
I cried aloud to the skies above,
Searching comfort for my soul;
Seeking for some little thing --
A minute portion of sympathy
Easing me of such a scare.
I just couldn't believe that you weren't there.
I don't know why, it didn't seem true
That a love such as mine
Couldn't be proved to you.
I screeched with rage
And jumped off the crumbled cliff's edge
Into the frothy, blue-gray sea.
As I sank to the bottom,
I felt my anxiety diminish
And contemplated the issue:
Should I experience death
Quickly or slowly?
So I decided to keep my final breath
For a while longer and explore
The latter possibility.
It seemed to me an eternity,
But it was only a few more minutes.
This time, though,
Was quite sufficient
To ponder a few thoughts
Such as love
And what it meant to me.

______________________________________________



That's What Mama Said

There is good and bad
as well as happy and sad.
Do what you are feeling,
as long as nobody hits the ceiling.
Do what you can to aid others,
because they're your sisters and brothers.

___________________________________________________



The Plunder

Over the misty moor
From the Hellish caves of his grim lair,
Grendel with fierce ravenous stride came stepping.
A shadow under the pale moon he moved,
That demon from Hell, foul enemy of God,
Toward Heorot. He beheld it from afar, the gleaming roof
Towering high to heaven. His tremendous hands
Struck the studded door, wrenched it from the hinges
Till the wood splintered and the bolts burst apart.
Furiously he stalked over the polished floor,
A horrid glint in his eyes - a torch flaming!
As he scanned the warriors, deep-drugged in sleep,
Loud, loud he laughed, and pouncing on the nearest
Tore him limb from limb and swallowed him whole,
Sucking the blood in streams, crunching on his bones.
Half-gorged, his grotesque voracity still unslaked
Greedily he reached his hand for the next...

___________________________________________________



The Startling Truth

Life is a shock -
You live, you die;
We dream, but we don't live up to them;
We only have our fantasies, so we remember them in grace.

Heaven, O Lord,
help the mighty who are weak in their heart.
Keep those in mind,
so that they may retain their beauty.
Let us bathe in wholesomeness and gradually
represent the decree that calls us "men."

Let thy body be received in our hearts with glory;
have your fairness made ready to persist and continue at our fantastic goals.

Shall we succeed,
you and I,
we shall be together,
as one.
Our oneness is ultimately the guaranteed success that will benefit all mankind.
The destiny to come is blindly here now.

_______________________________________________
amazing how 6 poems at a time can fly by so quickly! in two more days i will have another six for y'all. see ya later...

No comments: