Saturday, February 21, 2009

to be or not to be...

...is often a pretty common question in regards to various things in our lives. recently i deliberated whether or not i would pursue further work on 1974central.com or not. the only real reason i see do do it is that it is somewhat enjoyable; i like learning and sharing. however as i believe i mentioned before the site is fairly dead, the only traffic has been spam, the only contributor has been me, and the admin never replies to anything i write (or at least thats the way things have seemed). i just wrote the admin again after spending the better part of 12 hours working on the site today. i did some good things, but i messed up a bit as well and then couldnt correct my mistakes. i think part of that is that i suspect that i dont have full control over things as she does. im hoping that the good i have done will be taken into consideration. i would like to see the site take off and do well, but it needs a lot of work and it needs serious contributors who are willing to put in some time to make it nice. its all about personal passion driving this site to better places. i think it could happen. however, i also kind of doubt that it will because the odds are so highly against its success as things stand now. im actually a little surprised i did bother to accomplish what i did with that site today considering i have nothing concrete to base my work upon; i have no guarantees. it was more of an act of self-indulgence. go figure...

1 comment:

djsquelch & Phase Shifts said...

I should make an update in light of recently discovering that 1974Central is officially dead. The domain is for sale and the site is no longer accessible. Nobody every replied to any of my letters not did anyone ever inform me that the site was going to go belly up. I might have taken the reigns had I known. I have not retained records of the site's content and therefore cannot reconstruct it as it was. I apologize to those who may have enjoyed it. Maybe a phoenix will rise from the ashes someday, but I cannot make any guarantees at this point in time. I was proud of my contributions and took my role seriously. It is not something I will forget...