Tuesday, February 10, 2009

old friends...

recently i've been in search mode for old friends again after having a few find me. some of my results have been wonderful and some have been quite sad, but today it's left me smiling as i stumbled across a particular group of friends i held dear to my heart for many years, and still do. just because i haven't been in touch with them doesn't mean they've been forgotten and it seems i've been remembered as well. life pulls people in different directions and after 20 years, it's understandable when you realize your only method for keeping up to date recently was a school mailer. that's wen you start reaching out on your own for something more substantial. fortunately there are places like facebook and myspace which help facilitate that endeavor. i guess most of the time i've only used those sites for networking and keeping up with a few current friends, but i'm glad to have awakened to the notion that i can find some very special people from my past on there as well. it's my hope that i will be a better friend and maintain somewhat more regular contact with the people who still are important to me.

No comments: