Wednesday, February 9, 2011

sau tao instant soups...


Instant Noodle King flavors beef and wonton, came in two sizes with slightly different variations. The smaller size had thinner noodles and the larger size had wider noodles, of which I preferred the wider noodles. The thing I wasn't quite understanding about the wonton was that there were no wontons in there and I wouldn't exactly say it was wonton flavored, either. I never really considered wontons as having a specific flavor when they can be made with various ingredients, however the manufacturer had something very specific in mind: prawn. I am not terribly fond of prawns, otherwise known as shrimp. Worse yet, the flavoring packet didn't seem very prawn-like to me, but rather like really smelly fish. It was a very strong oder and I almost tossed it out, but I hate to waste money so I just ate it. It wasn't as hideous as it smelled, but it didn't taste like wontons to me, either. On the other hand, the beef was quite nice, especially after trying the wonton flavor first. Normally I would go for flavors like chicken or pork, but this selection was what was available and I hadn't tried them yet so I thought I would give them a shot. Of the four, I would get the larger beef with the wide noodle again. It sure beats going hungry!

No comments: