Tuesday, February 8, 2011

po chai pills...


This alternative medicine is purported as the general cure-all of stomach ailments. "Indications: help relieve diarrhea, stomach flu, vomiting and gastrointestinal diseases." I got some out of curiosity. It comes in a small vial in the form of small reddish-brown pellets with a smooth and semi-gloss surface. I didn't know whether I should try to swallow them whole or chew them up, but after trying to chew a few, I decided swallowing them whole was decidedly the preferable choice. The flavor, aside from being rather herbal and medicinal in nature, was bitter and the texture was very gritty. In other words, it was quite nasty and the flavor lingered in my mouth even after having something to drink. Furthermore, I don't think it really did anything for me other than possibly make me feel more ill than I had felt before. I was really intrigued with the packaging and format of this medicine, however I would never get it again. Ok, you can stop laughing now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Came here from google. All I have to say is, Po Chai pills have always been the best bet for me whenever I have an upset stomach - two vials with some water and I didn't have to worry anymore about ANY stomach problems I've ever had. Perhaps that chewing is what caused the issue... I don't know for sure why it didn't work out for you, but I would recommend you give it another shot.