Tuesday, May 26, 2009

botan calrose rice...

Interestingly enough this is a product of the US which features Kanji as well as a little mascot sporting a hachimaki (headband) indicating his toukon (fighting spirit). Not sure if he is supposed to be a single grain of gohan (cooked rice) or perhaps an onigiri (riceball). However, I do know that this is oishii (delicious) even if it isn't as sticky as some generic brands I have had over the years. It is particularly good with sushi rice seasoning and soy sauce. I thought the packaging was very nice both in terms of graphic and industrial design. Sometimes I get to try a specific product only once so I wanted to retain an image for posterity- you know, 'cause I'm such a sentimentalist...

Posted via email from djsquelch's posterous

No comments: